Governance & management of enterprise IT
About the program
Information Technology has become a crucial enabler in the support, sustainability and growth of enterprises. Given this pervasive role of IT, a specific focus on enterprise governance of IT (EGIT) has arisen in these often turbulent and always dynamic times, as an integral part of corporate governance.
Going well beyond the implementation of a superior IT infrastructure, enterprise governance of IT is about embedding processes, structures and relational mechanisms throughout the organization. This enables boards, business and IT people to execute their responsibilities in support of business and IT alignment and value creation from the IT-enabled investments.
Featuring case studies, this program integrates theoretical advances and empirical research with practical applications, including discussion on the COBIT 5 framework, CGEIT and COSO/TOGAF which can be used to build, measure and audit enterprise governance of IT approaches.
Managvis IT and Business Academy in partnership with Digital Encode (Compliance advisory firm of year 2016) designed this program to meet specific corporate objectives of understanding the underbelly of corporate strategy in merging with IT functions.
After this program, Professionals can go on to attend our Certification training after this seminar to become CGEIT Certified and earn a top ICT recognition for ability to assist his/her organization manage ICT responsibly within business strategy.
After attending this program:
- you have broadened and deepened your knowledge of general management and IT governance, IT management and IT assurance;
- you can identify and communicate the organization’s IT related business value opportunities and risks;
- you are able to prepare and make management decisions in the domains of IT governance, audit, control and security;
- you can apply the international IT governance and assurance framework COBIT 5 and CGEIT;
- you are prepared to move ahead and obtain professional ISACA certifications such as COBIT5, CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT) and CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control).
The program focuses on deepening your knowledge on enterprise IT governance and assurance. In addition, this program holds introductory modules and courses on IT leadership, IT change management and IT risk management with respect to benefits realization.
This seminar will assist top managers / Directors understand the key elements of ICT management and its Governance; providing the ingredients needed to review and approve specific ICT investments.
This program is designed to accommodate CEOs, CIOs, EDs, experienced IT professionals , Enterprise Risk Managers, Chief Compliance Managers, Operational and IT Auditors as well as experienced business managers
Others include: BU managers, business process owners, project managers, program & portfolio managers, business consultants, information managers, business/IT relationship managers and Information security managers
Facilitated by experienced and top management professionals
- Wale A (MD/CEO Digital Encode Compliance Advisory Firm of the year 2016COBIT5. ISO27001, CISA, PCI DSS, CISSP, CEH)
- Akinwale Akindiya. Bsc / Mcs over 15 years experience ( ACA,CISA,CEH, CGEIT)
- Riman Moses Kemza. Over 25 years ICT experience and over 10 years at top management (Bsc/MBA, COBIT5, ISO 27001, CGEIT)
ESSESNTIALS OF GOVERNANCE OF ENTERPRISE IT
- Corporate Governance
- Stakeholders to a business
- IT Governance
- Roles and responsibilities
- Information Security Governance
FRAMEWORK FOR THE GOVERNANCE OF ENTERPRISE IT
- Organization structure for effective Governance of Enterprise IT
- Designing acceptable framework for Governance of Enterprise IT
- Strategic Planning for Governance of Enterprise IT
- COBIT 5
- Current and future technologies
- Impact of changes in business strategy on IT strategy
- Methods to cascade business and IT objectives to IT personnel
- Achievement of strategic alignment of IT with the business
- Strategic planning processes and techniques
- Benefits Realization
- Why IT projects fail
- Cost optimization in IT projects
- Process and service measurement techniques e.g. Maturity models, benchmarking, key performance indicators
- Methods to establish accountability over IT investments
- Risk management at the strategic, portfolio, program, project and operations levels
- Methods to align IT and enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Risk appetite and risk tolerance
- Risk mitigation strategies related to IT in the enterprise
- Risk, threats, vulnerabilities and opportunities inherent in the use of IT
- IT resource planning methods
- Human resource procurement, assessment, training, and development methodologies
- Data management and data governance concepts
- Service level management concepts
Venues / Dates
NIGERIA : Abuja, Lagos (Ikeja) and P/HarCourt
- 26th – 28th
- 3rd – 5th
- 14th – 16th
- 23rd – 25th
GHANA : ACCRA only
Sept 13th – 15th 2017
Dec 18th – 20th
Please call for alternative dates
Riman Moses Kemza